Topics for a Dissertation in History
History is an exciting and astonishing discipline that allures thousands of students to delve into the past and tame own curiosity about what and why happened back then. If you are one of those who got tempted and decided to make own contribution to this subject by writing a dissertation, you are lucky to have found this article and our service. We can give you a hand in choosing a unique and engaging topic for your paper and provide professional writing assistance if there is a need.
To select a topic of a dissertation is a very important step in your academic career. To be acceptable, it should meet certain criteria. First, it should seem intriguing and fascinating to you. Being really passionate about what you write and study is a key to creating engaging and vivid text that leaves a lasting impression. Second, the topic should be complex enough for you to be able to demonstrate your critical thinking skills and research abilities. Yet it should not be too broad. Otherwise, the scope of the study will not allow doing an in-depth investigation of the question under consideration. Moreover, the topic should provoke discussion among faculty members. Finally, it should be interesting for the audience and call for reading till the end. Thus, you need to make an informed and wise decision that would enable you to show own talents in writing and analyzing.
If you are having hard times coming up with the topic that would work for you, we can prove helpful. Our experts offer a list of free history dissertation topics at least one of which will definitely fit in with your needs and interests. If, however, you have found it already but cannot get the ball rolling with the writing process, our degree-holding writers with much experience in the subject can help you. Place an order at Great-Dissertation.com and get an excellent dissertation or keep reading for dissertation topic suggestions:
- Why is the Crimean War classified as modern one? What event was the start of the end of this conflict? What was the role of religion in this war?
- What factors led to the First World War? Why was the Europe of the early 20th century so disunited? What was the rivalry based on? How did it contribute to the commencement of the war?
- What was the impact of Great Depression on the political life and economic prosperity of Great Britain? What were the main problems and what solution were applied by the government?
- What was the role of Great Britain in the Second World War? When did it started for this country?
- What are the causes of the Nazis’ collapse? How did Adolf Hitler manage to maintain power for such a considerable period of time?
- Was Mussolini’s influence in Italy as strong as that of Hitler in Germany? What economic, social, and political factors can explain the discrepancy/similarity? Can the period of Mussolini’s control over Italy be considered prosperous for the country?
- Did the unification of Italy allow to reach the set goals? What was the role of other countries in the unification process? How did it influence further development of the country? What challenges did the united Italy have to face? How were the issues remedied?
- Why did the Second World War start? What events that took place beyond Europe led to the conflict outbreak? Why was the acceptance of the US to the Allies so rapid? How did the US affect the outcome of the war? What are the turning points of the war and why?
- What were the main problems in Russian society in pre-Stalin period? How were they addressed? What are the differences between the approaches of Stalin and Lenin to ruling the country?
- What are the common and distinctive features of fascism and communism if the policies of Hitler and Stalin are to be examined? Are they the same when political doctrine is regarded?
- What led to the perception of the USSR as an enemy by western countries upon the Second World War? What are the key events that provoked the change of the state’s status?